Twelve Handy Gardening Tips
● Sprinkle cinnamon on top of your soil to help stop fungus from growing on your seedlings.
● Grow lush grass by adding 2 tablespoons of Epsom salt to a gallon of water and spraying it.
● Use the cut off top of an old plastic jug to protect a seedling and create a greenhouse.
● Sweeten your tomato plant by sprinkling some baking soda on the soil around your plant.
● Deter animals from getting into your still-growing garden by placing plastic forks upright in the soil.
● Use a shoe organiser to make a space-saving vertical herb garden.
● Use an old colander to make a hanging flower pot.
● Grow roses from rose cuttings using potatoes as a base to stick the stem into – keeping the plant moist.
● Paint some old tyres bright colours and use them as stacked flower pots.
● Pot plant lighting can brighten up your whole garden.
● Make a butterfly feeder by placing overripe fruit on a ceramic plate in a shady spot!
● Keep garden tools from rusting by storing them in builder’s sand.
For further hints and tips log onto: