Mother's Day Jumbo Raisin Tiffin
Makes: 12 fingers
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Chilling Time: 1 hour
100g Unsalted Butter
25g Soft Brown Sugar
3 tbsp Cocoa powder
4 tbsp Golden syrup
50g Whitworths Juicy Raisins
10 (150g) Digestive Biscuits, broken into small pieces
200g Milk Chocolate, broken into chunks
1. Grease and line a 18cm square deep sided baking tin.
2. Mix the butter, sugar, cocoa powder and golden syrup into a heavy based medium saucepan over a low heat until the butter has melted and the sugar dissolved.
3. Remove from the heat and stir well until the ingredients have mixed into a thick smooth sauce.
4. Stir in the broken biscuit pieces and the juicy raisins until well coated in the sauce.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking tin.
6. Boil 300ml of water in a medium saucepan and then remove from the heat.
7. Place the broken chocolate into a large bowl and place the bowl on top of the saucepan of boiled water until the
chocolate has melted.
8. Stir the melted chocolate and pour over the top of the tiffin mix in the baking tin, use the back of a spoon to
smooth the top.
9. Chill in the fridge for an hour before turning out of the baking tray and cutting into 12 fingers.
Recipe courtesy of: www.whitworths.co.uk