Fish & Leek Pie
Simple and delicious fish and leek pie recipe with a slightly different touch – it’s topped with a mix of white potato and sweet potato mashed together. Packed with flaky white fish, prawns, leeks and sweetcorn, all enveloped in a creamy white sauce with an extra shot of sunny goodness thanks to a dollop of Flora Cuisine or Flora Buttery. It’s an easy recipe that the whole family will love...
675 g (11⁄2lb) potato and sweet potato,
peeled and cut into quarters
3 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
ground black pepper
40 g (11⁄2oz) Flora Buttery
40 g (11⁄2oz) flour
425 ml (3⁄4pint) semi-skimmed milk
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Zest of 1⁄2 lemon, optional
450 g (1lb) white fish fillets , skinned and
115 g (4oz) cooked and peeled prawns
1 leek , thinly sliced and blanched in
85 g (3oz) sweetcorn kernals
1. Preheat oven to 200°C, 180°C fan oven, gas mark 6.
2. Boil potatoes in large pan for about 15 minutes or until cooked.
3. Meanwhile for the sauce, place the Flora, flour and milk in a saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to the boil over a moderate
3. heat until thickened and smooth. Add parsley, pepper and lemon zest if using.
4. Arrange fish, prawns, leek and sweetcorn in a greased ovenproof dish and pour over sauce.
5. Drain potatoes and mash until there are no lumps. Beat in milk and season. Spoon over fish and smooth top. Bake for 45
3. minutes until cooked through.
'For quick and easy family recipes, visit: www.flora.com'