Carrot & Brazil Nut Cake
A healthier alternative for a delicious tea-time treat . A fun cake that all the family will enjoy
225g Unsalted butter, softened
225g Caster sugar
4 medium eggs
225g Self Raising Flour
225g Carrots, peeled and finely grated
100g Whitworths chopped Brazil nuts
75g Full fat cream cheese
50 g Icing sugar
1 tsp Lemon Juice
10g Whitworths chopped Brazil nuts
1. Preheat oven to Gas 4, 180°C fan oven.
2. Grease and line the base of a 20cm (8”) cake tin.
3. Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and cream well together until light and fluffy. Ad the eggs, one at a time, beating well
3. after each addition ( add 1 tsp flour if the mixture curdles.
4. Fold in the sieved flour, carrots and nuts and put into the tin, levelling the top.
5. Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes until well risen and golden ( test with a skewer, if it comes out clean the cake is cooked).
3. Cool and turn out of the tin.
6. Beat the cream cheese with the icing sugar and lemon juice until light and fluffy and spread over the top of the cake. Sprinkle with Brazil nuts. And decorate as desired.
'For quick and easy family recipes, visit: www.flora.com'