Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Quiche
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
Equipment: Pyrex 24cm Glass Quiche Dish
175g Plain Flour
3 tsp Cold Water
210g Pack Mozzarella Pearls, Drained
75g Sunblush Tomatoes, Drained and Chopped
Large Handful Basil Leaves
50g Parmesan Cheese, Grated
4 Medium Eggs
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Preheat the oven to: 200°C / gas mark
2. Rub the butter into the flour to resemble fine breadcrumbs and add enough water to form a dough. Roll out on a floured surface and use to line the quiche dish.
3. Put the mozzarella, tomatoes and basil into the pastry case with half of the parmesan.
4. Beat the milk and eggs together and season to taste. Pour the egg mixture through a sieve over the filling and top with the remaining cheese.
5. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and set.
6. Grease the Pyrex dish.
TIP: If short of time use a 320g pack of ready prepared shortcrust pastry.
'For quick and easy family recipes, visit: www.pyrexuk.com'