Peanut Butter Cheesecake
225g digestive biscuits
80g Stork with Butter, melted
2 tbsp cocoa powder
450g cream cheese
3 eggs, large
3 egg yolks, large
175g soft brown sugar
150ml sour cream
250g smooth peanut butter
130ml double cream
35g dark chocolate
2 tsp smooth peanut butter
100g mini peanut butter cups
20g chopped salted peanuts
1) Lightly grease a 9” springform tin and set to one side. Blitz the digestive biscuits in a food processor to make fine crumbs. Add the cocoa powder and blitz lightly to combine evenly.
2) Combine the biscuit mixture with the melted Stork with Butter to create a damp sandy consistency. Tip the mixture into the base of the prepared tin and press down with the back of spoon to make the base of the cheesecake.
3) Wrap the outside of the tin in 2 layers of strong foil and set into a large roasting tin.
4) In a large bowl (or in the cleaned out bowl of the food processor) combine the cream cheese, eggs, egg yolks, sugar, sour cream and peanut butter. Pour into the tin over the biscuit base.
5) Pour just boiled water into the roasting tin so that it comes half way up the side of the cheesecake. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until the top of the cheesecake is just set.
6) Once baked remove the cheesecake from the water bath, allow to cool at room temperature and then chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
7) Release the set cheesecake from the tin and transfer to a serving plate.
8) In a pan gently warm together the double cream, chocolate and peanut butter, stirring until the chocolate has melted and it is a smooth consistency. Cool a little to room temperature before pouring over the top of the cheesecake.
9) Decorate with the mini peanut butter cups and the chopped roasted peanuts.
Recipe courtesy of www.bakewithstork.com